From our Secure Cloud Portal, you will find that Cloud Servers look and act like the servers you may be using today. However, some key technology advancements make Cloud Servers much more flexible than dedicated hardware platforms, and much easier to manage. They also give you an added level of control that you will not find on a dedicated server.
The Virtualization Layer
Each Cloud Server has a dedicated pool of server resources. We use an industry leading hypervisor and Dell hardware with proven results in performance, reliability, scalability, and security. Virtualization allows Cloud Servers to be migrated from host to host or even add memory, CPU's and HDD space on the fly. This type of virtualization provides you with best in class high availability (HA).
All Cloud Servers come with a certain amount of guaranteed CPU power based on the server specifications you order. However, at any time we have extra CPU power available from the host hardware, you can take advantage of our master cloud, providing your workloads extra processing power.
Scaling up your Cloud Server is simple–you don't need to reinstall anything. With a simple your Cloud Server is momentarily taken offline, the RAM, disk space and CPU allotment are adjusted, and the server is restarted. The entire process is hands-off for you and takes just a few minutes.
- VMWare ESX Server 4.0.
- Storage is RAID-5 protected for superior performance and durability. If a host failure should occur, we bring it back and your data is preserved.
- No oversubscription. Reserved RAM and storage.
- Separate public and private network interfaces. Private bandwidth is free and provides inter-Cloud Server communication as well as access to other cloud services like Cloud Files.
- Snapshot-based server images—scheduled or on-demand. Useful for creating "gold" images or backups.
- All Cloud Servers are 64-bit capable of maximum performance.
- Support for multiple public IP addresses.
- Shared IPs for high-availability configurations using standard failover tools.
- Linux distribution of your choice.
- Windows distribution of your choice.